discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Electronics And Computers Forum

Page 1 | [ 2 ] |      << Prev

08-08-2010, 15:28 Post: 172911
hardwood

TP Contributor

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Android Phone Review

EW;
I've always PRETENDED be a bit on the simple side. That way I never got put in charge of anything I could mess up. Let the Johnny Do-Gooders take charge, there always seem to be plenty of them to go around, some are even called politicians, if I spelled that right.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 08-09-2010, 10:01 Post: 172926
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Android Phone Review

I had a Blackberry for a few years, also the Palm Treo.

I've tried the Android, but still prefer the iPhone. It does absolutely everything I need it to do, plus a whole bunch of really handy extras that the others won't (or can't) do for me. It even keeps track of my flying time and where I've been and feeds my position out into a secure server where anyone I choose can follow my progress, or hopefully it's never needed, my last known position. It even connects directly into the intercom system and streams music, weather warnings, position, and the telephone itself into my headset.

Until you've used an iPhone some it's hard to believe all it can do.

Best of luck.

08-09-2010, 10:43 Post: 172928
kthompson

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Android Phone Review

I went with iPhone a few months back. When it works it is great. But my IP recently went to using Google Mail..boy am I having emails problems now. Was getting them fine on both iPhone and office computer, they can not get to work without using the word "recent" in there causing ALL emails even sent ones to show up in the inbox of bot phones. If anyone has suggestion on that it would be appreciated. My IP are clueless.

The other two negatives I have with the iPhone at least through AT&T is I don't have service where my old flip phone did and Apple will not allow insurance on them. With the price they are that prevents me from toting my phone when running a piece of machinery.

For most part get along with the key board well but have Otter case on it making the outside keys touchy but really like the voice recognition on it. It does not have to be trained or anything. It does a great job. Don't have to unlock phone to use it either, just press and hold and in few seconds it pops up in voice mode for calling. You can give it name of person in your data base or call out the number. My most like feature on the phone.

GPS is hit and miss for me. But considering there is no extra cost for it like it. Have learned if does not give you route in one mode such as driving then ask for the directions walking. No idea why but have had to do that for certain routes.

Went with smart phone mostly to have calendar and clients info on phone and computer in office. Does that well that there are now sync programs out there.

08-09-2010, 10:45 Post: 172929
kthompson

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Android Phone Review

This past Saturday on the Kim Komando radio program she did say there is real issues with the receiving on the iPhone 4 for she has used one. You may do well to visit her site, been a while since I was there.

08-09-2010, 11:06 Post: 172932
hardwood

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 Android Phone Review

KT;
Since I cannot offer any meaningfull advice my suggestion would be to drop it in the nearest toilet, or perhaps a 16 oz. claw hammer.

08-09-2010, 11:57 Post: 172933
yooperpete

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Android Phone Review

About 3 or 4 months ago, I changed from a basic Nextel to a Sprint Droid. My service provider sells, Nextel, Sprint, Verizon and a couple others. Was allowed to have it 3 weeks and if not satisified, could cancel the switch.

After 2 1/2 weeks, I ended up switching back to Nextel and went with the BlackBerry. It is real, real slow on the internet and anything that requires data transmission like the GPS due to its 2G vs: 3G network but otherwise OK.

I was having trouble with reception inside of any buildings, and was impossible to get anything at all in the metal building at the shop even in front of a big window. Bought an antenna booster and all that stuff without any luck.

I'm not good with the touch screen and just by changing the grip on the phone, I'd drop calls and switch applications. Just moving the phone next to my face would sometimes also change the application. They came out with a new HTC phone a couple of weeks after switching that has improved reception, etc. Just like anyther Obama offers, it just missed me. I carry mine in an open face Otto as well in my shirt pocket. Clip on the belt annoys me and keeps falling out while looking kinda nerdy!

Nextel, Sprint and Verizon give good business rate discounts vs AT&T. It's about 1/2 the cost of AT &T.

I'm more like Hardwood. I use it for phone calls and cleaning out the spam in my mailbox when away from my desk. My mailbox gets full in a very short time, since spam still gets through all the filters at about 1 spam every 3-5 minutes from 6 am to about 10pm - 6 days a week but slows down somewhat on Sundays giving me relief.

Guess I'm too old and just don't like everybody being in my face all day long trying to scam me out of everything I've ever worked for. Everybody has an emergency that happened about 6 months ago and finally wants to get hold of me today, such that I can fix it in the next day or so, otherwise I'm not a reliable vendor. Meanwhile they don't have a clue what it takes to get the job done and I should do it for nothing since their company has no money but will remember me in the future when some new monies are available.

08-09-2010, 14:12 Post: 172940
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Android Phone Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthompson | view 172928
I went with iPhone a few months back. When it works it is great. But my IP recently went to using Google Mail..boy am I having emails problems now. Was getting them fine on both iPhone and office computer, they can not get to work without using the word "recent" in there causing ALL emails even sent ones to show up in the inbox of bot phones. If anyone has suggestion on that it would be appreciated. My IP are clueless.

It sounds like the problem is in the settings they used to forward the mail to Gmail.

Send me an email describing the problem better, I'll see if I can make any sense of it.

If you can send email that is. Laughing out loud

Best of luck.

08-09-2010, 17:54 Post: 172953
hardwood

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 Android Phone Review

Ok guys, just a point to ponder.
The number of movies I've been to in a theater during my adult life you could count on two hands and have a couple fingers left over. I always thought they were a waste of time.
Anyhow one of the movies I did see was something about a guy who built a robot that got too smart, got out of control and made slaves out of all the humans.
Ever think those blinky beepy dodaads you guys seem to worship might be the beginning of somethinmg like the robot in the movie?

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | [ 2 ] |      << Prev

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Electronics And Computers Forum

Thread 172886 Filter by Poster:
DennisCTB 1 | earthwrks 4 | hardwood 6 | kthompson 2 | kwschumm 2 | Murf 2 | yooperpete 1 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
Coachlarry

John Deere Gator - 1200A Bunker Rake Shudder under load
1200A Bunker Rake Shudder under load

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Has anyone purchased a Dell computer lately
+ New Laptop
+ Cut the Cord to Pay TV
+ Antivirus software
+ Android Phone Review
+ Wireless Access to Internet
+ Flat Screen TV and HDTV got it or going to get it
+ Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch Press Release
+ Aereo Goes to Supreme Court April 22