discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Just For Fun Off Topic Forum

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [ 5 ] | 6 |      << Prev | Next >>

06-03-2005, 12:09 Post: 111907
Iowafun

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Vandalism or Civil Matter

It seems fishy to me that the visits were missing from the police log. You may want to request a copy of the official police guidelines for enetring items into the log. They should have a formal written policy. Then if you video surveillance and documentation shows the policy is not being followed, then the entire police department can be held accountable. Ie: police chief can be in trouble and the state police can be called in to investigate the entire department.

I like the idea of getting the info they have on you and verifying it's accuracy. I also like the idea of starting your own log of the police visits to you. It's good to have badge numbers and names. Kinda puts the officer on the stop for being honest.

My first paragraph is pretty extreme and most likely you wouldn't go that route. But any reasonable judge would look at your documentation vs his statements and should side iwth you assuming he's not on the take.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 06-03-2005, 15:10 Post: 111922
kyvette

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Ncrunch, I really feel for you. I have experienced bad neighbors but not to this extend.

Court cases are generally won by a term called "Preponderance of Evidence", in other words, the side with the best documented case wins.

I would definitely bring in the State Police or a Federal Marshall to work with your family attorney in gathering your evidence and advice on how to proceed.

Unfortunely, a lot of small town police departments are controlled by a powerful individual or family. Not so with the State boys and Feds.

One thing you might try, and it will contradict what your instinct and gut says. Send kindness their way, prepare a meal and take to them. Offer to mow his yard or help him cleanup his side of the fence. You never know what that act of kindness may bring.

Good luck and hang in there. Dave

06-03-2005, 16:30 Post: 111923
ncrunch32

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Thanks for the advice Kyvette - all has been quiet for a couple of days. I spoke with a second attorney here who said the best course of action may be to do nothing for the moment. Let this guy have his little victory - there is no serious monetary damage here (yet). I will, when I get a chance, ask the police to document their visits.

It is too soon for me to bake a cake. Maybe in the future. There could be more than meets the eye in terms of why these neighbors don't want me too close to their house.

06-06-2005, 17:59 Post: 112003
brokenarrow

Filter by User

When the going gets tough, the tough get going!! Where that sense of competition? Slam this guy!!!! Thats it NCrunch!! Put yer wife on line here! Lets give her some ideas on how to get even. HECK Wait a min. Get EVEN!! Hell lets get a head in this game. There are tons of things you can legally do that will piss him off. I think you need a bit of the ole NIKE slogan in you, "just do it!" Dont let these sissy's here soften you up! You want to lose???? Think of it this way, if you make his life soo miserable that he dont want to live next to you, maybe he will move and you will get a lovely blond headed sunbathing honey as a next door neighbor. I still say slam this dude. Be relentless, everyday come home and do something else to annoy him. Skunk scent, fox urine, coon urine. They all can be bought at your local hunting shack, Put em on rags when the wind is blowing his way. Water ballons filled with round up thrown at great distances over the line. Just think about it, push him till he does something really nasty to you. You will have it on tape, all he has is his word that you did something to him. A guy who cry's wolf all the time will lose any credibility law suit if all he has is, "Well, this is what I think he done to me" While you come into court with video tapes.
Then, you can do the worst thing you could imagine. Start doing things to you own property, and turn him in for it!
Is he married? This is an old trick from the police here where I live. Have a lady friend call a few times (when you know he is out and she is in) Call and ask for this guy? Have the lady say," What? Your his wife? He NEVER told me he was married!> I have a thousand ways to get this Pr--k. I say time to have some fun, beat him at his game and he wont want to play anymore! Let him whoop you, and expect to get your butt kicked by him everytime he has a bad day at work. Make him WANT to stop the games!

06-06-2005, 19:53 Post: 112005
grassgod

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

ROTFLMAO.....out of all those idea's the call from the lady friend would do the most destruction!!!

Ncrunch - there is an old saying that has never failed since the begining of time..."what comes around, goes around." sit tight & watch nature take care of this guy.

06-06-2005, 20:45 Post: 112006
DennisCTB

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I think GrassGod is right. In that story I told about the guy next to me in my one year rental, my wife just told me that she bumped into some people from the old neighborhood and it turns out he had to move out shortly after our twelve month stay. I think he must have screwed up somewhere on his own.

Waiting him out may be the best thing for you also.

This reminds of a friend of mine who built a new home next to someone who was equally as nuts as your neighbor.

He was a cop and was giving my buddy a super hard time, property lines, calling the building dept... you name it. His place was an eye sore, yet he gave my friend a super hard time.

Months of grief go by. Then 12 months later a for sale sign goes up.

My friend wonders what happened, after thanking God for this blessing.

Well it turns out that he had an altercation with his superior officer a the station. So my friends neighbor was going into his commanders office after hours and pXXing on the floor on a regular basis. The stench was so bad they put cameras in there and they caught him in the act.

Bye Bye pension, bye bye neighbor. Given time this guy may screw up without your help.

06-07-2005, 21:37 Post: 112051
ncrunch32

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Broken, ha ha! No - this jerk is crazy enough to do the same back to me. All has been quiet on the neighbor front for the past few days. I hope it continues. Grassgod and Dennis, I agree. I have to keep it cool here and see what happens. I watered my trees tonight, was out there over the weekend. He taunts me but I don't reply. As long as it stays this way I am fine. I just don't want any more damage to my property. As my laywer recommended, I let him have this minor victory. If I put things in perspective I have already won the war.

I don't know if I explained this - but this guy (after he dug across my property line) applied for a variance to build a 2 story addition next to my back line. I fought it for 8 months at town hall, lost in a split vote after the board of appeals changed a member on the board, with 40 of 44 neighbors supporting me with a petition (other 4 were business men who didn't want to ruffle feathers). That is when I took control of my property and this neighbor then built his addition on the other end of the house.

So the addition went where I wanted it and I lost the battle but won the war. So I have to be willing to suffer some indignation. This is a small price to pay for the property value I saved. Hopefully this guy will get over it someday.

06-08-2005, 14:55 Post: 112089
kyvette

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Ncrunch, you are smart to set back and see what happens. From what you say this could escalate into something really serious. Violence begets violence. It's not worth risking jail time or making your wife a widow.

However, I do like Broken's suggestion about the girl friend calling the wife.

06-12-2005, 01:08 Post: 112244
tracer

Greetings,
Get him asubscription to Nambla and Gay love. This can be done anonymously pay with a money order. That will get his wifes attention. Have the 2nd subsciption sent to him in care of his work address. Always fun.

07-15-2005, 22:30 Post: 113522
brokenarrow

Filter by User

NCrunch
So whats the latest? I have been away for a while and it seems like all must have cooled off a bit?
I have to tell you about my 2 NEW neighbors! First of all my dad was my old neighbor, so I lost the best a person could ask for, so anything else is playing catch up.
My neighbor to the south was cool (the father), his wife never spoke to us in 8 years though. His kids were hell on wheels with out supervision. Yes the father was cool but in the sense that he cared about nothing! To the point of his yard, kids, wife and just about everything else stinking! They got divorced and my NEW neighbor moved in. A 50-ish year old guy with grown kids (out of the house) and a girlfriend. They are soo good I can't begin to tell you (So far anyway) I talk with them get along great and even look forward to seeing them outside just to say hi. They take care of the yard, been clearing and cleaning for the last month! I could not ask for much better. They NEW one to my north, is the one I sold my dads house to. She is single and a hotty (Man I hope my bride dont see this! Laughing out loud) Well she is what she is I guess? A divorce lawyer herself she is very quite and we seem to get along just fine. She is a very nice lady but she does have 2 large dogs that make a lot of noise when ever they hear any noise at all, (even thogu they are in the house you can still hear these chubacca's all they way in my house. I am sure this will be a future problem (after school starts this fall) But nothing I think that will be too bad. So all in all, I think I have faired very well with all the NEW movement going on in my hood!
Hope things have improved for you (although I think they probably have not).
Hey you know I was kidding about the real NASTY things to do to him. Although A few of them would be fun and maybe warrented? Laughing out loud

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [ 5 ] | 6 |      << Prev | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Just For Fun Off Topic Forum

Thread 111626 Filter by Poster:
AnnBrush 1 | AV8R 1 | Boomerang 1 | brokenarrow 3 | Chief 3 | DennisCTB 3 | denwood 2 | DeTwang 1 | funchy 2 | grassgod 3 | Iowafun 2 | JAZAK5 1 | kwschumm 2 | kyvette 2 | Murf 3 | ncrunch32 20 | oneace 1 | s chrand 1 | StephenR 1 | tracer 1 | yooperpete 1 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
DennisCTB

Lawn, Turf, and Grass - How to renovate a lawn
How to renovate a lawn

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Joke o the day
+ Vandalism or Civil Matter
+ Merry Christmas
+ -17 degrees F
+ Colonoscopy Tuesday how did your s go
+ New Implements
+ Merry Christmas to all TP Members
+ Youth Christmas Gift Gun
+ What is your self-worth