discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Just For Fun Off Topic Forum

Page 1 | [ 2 ] |      << Prev

04-20-2004, 21:23 Post: 83756
brokenarrow

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 Health Care vs Jobs

I am going thru this right now with my father. A former narcatics detective. just went thru 2 surgerys and he is a handful to take care of to say the least. Pulled out his cath. twice and after 2 trips to the ER to put back in we got him admitted back in the Hospt. for a few days. The day he was to be released he was seeing spots. Back to surgery to put anouther artery to the brain. He surivived all this but here is what is keeping him from coming back home for us to take care of. The Hosp. let his bladder get extended after the first surg. he was on a flow max for urinating easier. Cant go back on it for his blood pres. needs to stay up to keep new artery straight and flowing.. When we take hi home his MEDS get out of controll (HIS CONTROLL) we finally got the doctor to listen to us.After going thru his meds we find he is addicted to Xanax and percacette. I always knew he was using too much but not to this extent. 4 different doctors and all are precribing the limits We admitted him to a rehab/nursing home and got him to admit his addiction.. He is a basket case! For the last 3 weeks it has been a living hell for me and my wife, taking care of his needs and home while working with all other profesionals to help him out. My wife is an RN at the local hospt. so that helps. On top of this his smoking has attributed to alot of the problems of being confined. Well anyway, this last week we have seen great improvement, he is shaking hardly at all anymore and is totally in controll more than not along with thinking clearly again. Xanax is a drug that feeds on its self, look it up, if you or you know anyone that is on it get help!!! Read up on it!!! You will be suprised at how often it is prescribed and how horribly it feeds on its self. I could go on and on but heed my warnings, watch your parents along with all others who are seeking help for anxiety. What my wife and I are going thru is unexpected and truly a living hell. My dad is at fault too, but the profesionals are way to quick to prescribe a med and send them out the door.

As for national health care? Nothing is FREE!!!!!!!!!
I tell my kids all the time, go to school, go to work save as much for your future as you save for your future health care needs. Dont depend on the country to pay for your health care needs. Its not easy at a young age to think like that.
I have been without health ins. twice in my life, thankfully I had saved enough of my income in a special; account just for that purpose. Although I now have Ins. I still put away $150. a month and so does my wife. Some day I will not have what I do and I dont want to ask my neighbor to pay for and of my meds I may need, although it may happen.
I pray for the people who have not, and dont feel a damm thing for the ones who HAD at one time and did not save for when they may NOT HAVE, no excuses here, way too many out there spend like there is no tomarroo and when tomarroo finally comes and they dont have the cash anymore dont come knockin on my door!
Like "kws" said, back to tractors!

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | [ 2 ] |      << Prev

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Just For Fun Off Topic Forum

Thread 83498 Filter by Poster:
beagle 1 | brokenarrow 1 | Chief 1 | grinder 1 | kwschumm 3 | ncrunch32 1 | Peters 2 | TomG 1 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
DennisCTB

Sports Outdoors - Tough Year for Deer
Tough Year for Deer

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Joke o the day
+ Vandalism or Civil Matter
+ Merry Christmas
+ -17 degrees F
+ Colonoscopy Tuesday how did your s go
+ New Implements
+ Merry Christmas to all TP Members
+ Youth Christmas Gift Gun
+ What is your self-worth