discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Just For Fun Off Topic Forum

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | [ 4 ] |      << Prev

03-16-2006, 17:01 Post: 126183
SG8NUC

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 High property taxes driving a new revolt

Wingwiper

No wonder you are so mean, Laughing out loud I thought it was just the marine in you but it is all the women. You are not allowed to express yourself around the homestead. Man I have a wife and daugther, I sided with them and blamed whatever on my son. And then I got a tractor.

Let me get this right if you dont vote you cant complain. I think you paid for the right to complain when you pay taxes according to this post, property taxes. Propery taxes maybe the way to collect poll taxes. The ones who do not vote can blame us for screwing up the whole system with the ones we helped in office. Horse farmer is going to be taxed 4 times when all is said and done I think he is allowed to complain. If I voted or not I am all paid up in the complaint dept.
As for dogs the sorry ass neighbor killed both of mine with his pit bulls. So now the new law is if it leaves your yard it dies HIS RULES. He is in the market for two new dogs.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 03-16-2006, 18:47 Post: 126191
wingwiper

Filter by User

SG8NUC
I still say, If you DONOT VOTE you have no rightto complain. You gave up that Right when you made the decision not to vote, thereofre you should NOT be the least bit concerned with who won or what issues are important. It is a really Plain and simple thing, if you Vote you tried and you are involved and you participated in the system. We have enough BACK SEAT DRIVERS don't need no more, we need people who are more action and less words.
Mean? who me? I get it all the time here, "You have to eat'' "Why are you gaining weight dad?" Try to get these girls to help, well Hell will probably freeze first. My ole Lady is a Good worker and a Good cook, it is the Daughters to learn all to soon that they can get around Dad, by getting Mom to say Ok, even the Dog hangs out with her more.
Find out what Home Insurance your neighbor has and then call them up and tell them he has Pit Bulls, his Insurance will either be dropped or skyrocket out of sight... Don't get mad, get even... Laughing out loud.. Love the taste of sweet revenge....

03-16-2006, 20:25 Post: 126199
SG8NUC

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

WingWiper

Read it again his pit bulls went to dog heaven with mine.

03-25-2006, 16:47 Post: 126647
lbrown59

TP Contributor

Location: First Organized Permanent Settlement In The Northwest Territory.

Here is one for you
I had a storage building listed as owned by my company Budget Homes, CO.
It was originally appraised at $300 and since It was business property it was depreciated a set percentage each year.
Now one would think that after the value had depreciated down to zero that would be the end of the taxes on it.
Not so the county then changed the owner ship from budget homes to L brown and reappraised the building for 500.

How can a building that started out at $300 and depreciated down to nothing in 5 years be worth 500 dollars 5 years later?
What gives the county the right to give sombodys property away to someone else?

=====Now here's the kicker: come to find out the building was never taxable to begin with no matter who owned it or how it was used because it wasn't real-estate.
I must have paid this illegal un owed tax for over 30 years.

03-25-2006, 18:48 Post: 126649
ncrunch32

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

My land and school taxes on 2 acres are $9,000 per year. I can't put up a shed for my tractor without incurring new taxes. My taxes are going up about 6% per year. The school teachers have a contract that guarantees them 5% per year. People are moving up from NYC so we need to build more schools and that will cost me another $1000 per year by 2010.

Forget about whether these taxes are consitutional or not. I think there are lots of people on the take. People that have lived in the town forever become part of the infrastruture and somehow this money makes it into their pockets. Everyone is guaranteed a 5% pay hike every year while industry caps my retirement and hasn't given me a raise in 2 years.

Eventually the public sector has to come in line with the private sector. Or pretty soon everyone will be leaving these poor people with no tax revenues to pass around at the local pubs.

03-26-2006, 06:31 Post: 126673
wingwiper

Filter by User

Get rid of the State Employee and School Unions and let these workers answer Directly to the people who are paying them.
People have to make a Bg Fuss or it will continue.
100,000 Illegals and legal Immigrants gathered in l.A. yesterday to protest the strict Border Proposals and the rest of us go to a Newsgroup and complain... Laughing out loud. Guys and Gals we need to give OUR complaints some VOLUMN. Property taxes are only as fair as the enforcers make it.
The School System is the BIGGEST MILKER of people's money, when the kids don't pass the S.A.T.s schools make excuses or try to fledge the S.A.T.s as outdated or whatever. Our system is a failurte and filled with blood sucking people wo want Benifits and shorter contracts and larger pay.
Teahcers sit on their asses and claim they are teaching, they refuse to stay after with students to help. My teachers did and today it is as rare as $3 bills.

03-26-2006, 16:06 Post: 126680
Woodie

I can vaguely remember my folks property tax bill back in the 50's -only county,township, school tax and streetlight charge(dad fought that one as we were quarter mile from the last light-we got no benefit). Now on my tax bill there are 13 line items -library debt, intermediate school district, senior tax,local communitycollege, ambulance svc, soldier relief (no one can explain it but there goes a dollar for that) and the list goes on. Too many little pots to throw the money at and it just spills past the pots openings into the bearacracy or there's very little oversight of these little programs. It's amazing to go the the local twnship and schoolboard mtgs and to see only 6-8 people at the twnship and maybe be the only one public person at the schoolboard mtgs. I heard about a meeting called the parent advisory board to the high school, original i thought okay mustbe appointed to be invovled -H***-found out it's an open forum for anyone to attend &go one on one with the principal-its amazing what info one can get there and bring concerns direct to bear -who shows up 1 maybe 3 parents that are already involved with their child-band, sports, etc. People need to break away form the "prime time idiot box(tv)" the media has gotten nearly evryone addicted to the slop being broadcast case point 'reality tv' what drivel.
Thanks for letting me vent my 2cents after tax-

03-27-2006, 05:19 Post: 126696
wingwiper

Filter by User

Woody

That is my point exactly, if you DON'T VOTE don't complain. We have Town Meetings here and it is amazing how few show up to fight the system.
If more people showed up at the School Board eetings you wouldn't have the School Super writting his own blank checks.
We, the people are to blame for what we have done to ourselves. We ignore the kid in the Candy Shop and then blame the kid for eating candy. The kid needs guidance and that is US.
Your 2 cents is always welcome.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | [ 4 ] |      << Prev

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Just For Fun Off Topic Forum

Thread 126028 Filter by Poster:
Art White 1 | Chief 4 | DenisS 9 | dsg 1 | kthompson 2 | lbrown59 1 | ncrunch32 1 | SG8NUC 3 | StephenR 1 | wingwiper 14 | Woodie 1 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
DennisCTB

Lawn, Turf, and Grass - How to renovate a lawn
How to renovate a lawn

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Joke o the day
+ Vandalism or Civil Matter
+ Merry Christmas
+ -17 degrees F
+ New Implements
+ Colonoscopy Tuesday how did your s go
+ Merry Christmas to all TP Members
+ Youth Christmas Gift Gun
+ What is your self-worth