discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Just For Fun Off Topic Forum

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | [ 4 ] |      << Prev

12-18-2003, 19:45 Post: 71644
wbowhunt

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 4D-TV MPEG-2 or Dish TV Network

Never mind I did some more research and found that it is only available to Multi satelite system users. Guess I will have to look into that next.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 12-18-2003, 20:10 Post: 71648
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Harvey, if you are interested below is the link to the system I am looking at. I am still learning about it but it can be easily user installed into an exhisting C band analog system or at least so I am told. As was explained to me the 4D-TV system has about 5,000 channels.

Link:   4D-TV 

12-18-2003, 21:59 Post: 71654
Ducati996

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Hi Murf,
I take exception when someone says I'm dead wrong, other than that I still like you Smile Smile!!

Below is a tidbit of "exclusive Candian order" called the Anton Piller..Its doubful you got started in the industry without help from somewhere, the question is does it point back to you? Most are civil ($$$) outcomes but it could lead to criminal implications...I will only touch lightly on this topic after this post....Ducati996

See below:

This is part of the anton piller order served on XXXXX by DTV and Echo. It gives insight of what anton piller orders may consist of.

Here is the anton piller order served on XXXXXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order requiring the Pirate Defendents or any person upon whom the Order is served to forthwith deliver up, grant access and disclose to the Plaintifs' representives any and all of the Evidence, wherever situate, including but not limited to:

1-any and all Piracy Technology

2-the names and addressess of any and all of the Pirate Defendent' suppliers, and any and all customer and other persons who have been provided with or agreed to purchase Pirate Technology from or whose buisness has been solicitated by the Pirate Defendents for the purpose of selling selling the Piracy Technology;

3-any and all records of purchases, sales or distribution of Piracy Technology, including any financial records, ledgers, books, accounts, banking records and documents which disclose the nature, volume and extent of the Piracy Defendents' buisness and;

4-the whereabouts of all of the Evidence, whether under the possession, custody or control of the Pirate Defendents or any third partie.

12-18-2003, 22:11 Post: 71658
wbowhunt

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Direct TV. Well I found out why I can't get my RFD-TV. IT seems that at the time the local guy installed my system, there was no incentive for him to install and align a Multi satilite dish, hence he installed a single. I can now upgrade an the low low price of just $49.99 installed. Meaning someone has to come out, remove the old single dish, Leaving holes in my siding and install a new dish around the corner of the house in order to receive from all three satilites. ( Maybe if the trees are not in the way ) then rewire part of the main feed from the dish to the splitters by either running along the outside of the house about 45' or drilling yet another hole into the side of my house. And all this gains me 4 additional free channels. I think Not. Oh well, I guess I will have to find a friend who has dish and have them record me a couple hours a week.

12-19-2003, 03:36 Post: 71670
harvey

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Yup that is the direction I was headed, only not sky vision their prices seem awful high. I did get the replacement 550i for $125 so I keep plugging along with it.

Mostly only do his, discovery, westerns and hbo oh yea and cmt.

12-19-2003, 08:12 Post: 71688
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Duc, me thinks you misunderstand my statement, and I like you too, even if you do ride an Italian bike instead of a German bike like me....(;-p)

What I was trying to say is it is really a thin line the Government is NOT prepared to yet define whether it is legal or not, civil litigation is another matter, anyone can commence an action against anyone else for nearly anything they feel like, that's called "Green Mail", make it more expensive to fight than to stop doing something and people will take the cheap way out nearly every time.

The DTV/Bell folks learned that the hard way in BC when they sued a dealer for selling US systems to people in Vancouver, then they got to court and it came out the systems were sold to him by the VERY PEOPLE who were now SUING him to STOP selling them. It turns out they had taken them as part of a promotion, turn in your 'pirate' set and get a 'legitimate' set for free. The folks at Bell had planned to re-patriate them but they were unsaleble in the US because DTV dealers give away brand NEW ones if you sign up for service, why BUY a used set when you can have NEW for fREE. So instead they re-slod them in CANADA to distributor who just re-sold them again in Canada.

Then it came out under cross-examination that even though DTV was crying foul and pleading for the courts to make these nasty Canadians give them their smart-cards back, their labelled 'property of ...' that a) that meant squat in Canada, we're still a soveriegn nation, and b) even though DTV only had X number of subscribers, they themselves had knowingly (and profitably) sold 6.5 million more receivers & cards than they had subscribers!!!

If they don't want people 'experimenting' with their equipment the simplest way to stop it is to NOT SELL THEM THE HARDWARE IN THE FIRST PLACE..... DUH!!!

As for an Anton Pillar order, that is still civil litigation, besides, it's pretty tough to search an email address for black boxes....... Laughing out loud

Best of luck.

12-19-2003, 08:33 Post: 71691
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Harvey, where do you buy your satellite equipment? I buy most of mine at Skyvision, they seem to have the best service and prices although Prime Focus has better prices on some stuff. Prime Focus has the Motorola Model 922 on sale for $678.99 and Skyvision has them on sale for $799.95 but also has open box/return specials for $649.95 . I think Skyvision will match a competitor's price too.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | [ 4 ] |      << Prev

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Just For Fun Off Topic Forum

Thread 71357 Filter by Poster:
AC5ZO 2 | Blueman 2 | Chief 8 | Ducati996 3 | harvey 3 | JimP 1 | kubotaguy 1 | kwschumm 2 | Murf 8 | Peters 2 | psimonson 1 | wbowhunt 4 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
bumpassgator

John Deere Gator - Clutch Weights
Clutch Weights

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Joke o the day
+ Vandalism or Civil Matter
+ Merry Christmas
+ -17 degrees F
+ Colonoscopy Tuesday how did your s go
+ New Implements
+ Merry Christmas to all TP Members
+ Youth Christmas Gift Gun
+ What is your self-worth