discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Dodge Pickup Trucks Forum

Page 1 | 2 | [ 3 ] | 4 |      << Prev | Next >>

05-09-2006, 09:49 Post: 129137
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

Everything else being equal a diesel should give better mileage because diesel engines are thermodynamically more efficient than gas. Your point about rising disel fuel costs is well taken but it's not just about mileage for me. I like the longevity and reliability of diesels and the option of running biodiesel fuels in it.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 05-09-2006, 10:11 Post: 129139
DRankin

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

"Cardboard hauler? Yup! that is what I said. What is meant by that is very simply, put a 5th wheel in a Toyota or put in a Goose neck. Not likely right?"

Well... no, wrong. I have had a 5th wheel hitch in my Tundra since it was new. I routinely pull a 5th wheel travel trailer and heavy loads from the ball hitch.

I have pulled tractors round trip between Reno and Portland. Every load I have pulled has been uphill and over mountain passes as high as 8500 feet.

Tundra's are factory equipped to tow 7000 pounds and can keep it's driveline intact within those parameters and do some work.

05-09-2006, 10:19 Post: 129140
wingwiper

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

Murf

You said before I did
"Even the general public seems to agree, Ford still sells more F-series trucks, and by a good margin"
When I brought up about the F-150 sales, I was giving reply to you OPEN statement.
Good for your wife's vehicles.. enjoy them

05-09-2006, 10:22 Post: 129141
wingwiper

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

KW

Your logic for buying a diesel is good. That is more than enough reason to seek a diesel. MPG is not there any more, reslae for a diesel as compared to a gas, is much higher and for the most part Diesel will always be worth something, even with a 150,000 miles on it.
Once you take a low rpm engine and start running higher rpms out of it on the interstate, they are no longer equal.
You know what you want and your reasons are good.
Good luck

05-09-2006, 10:27 Post: 129142
wingwiper

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

DR

I am referring to trucks with Towing Caps of 12,000 to 18,000 pounds. no Class IVs at all. You can use them for Class IVs but they are designed for Goose and 5th wheel.
I towed a lot more than I was speced to towed with my 1500. What one does and what the Manufacturer will supprt are TWO differnt things.
Toyota is just fine if you are going to compare 1/2 ton to 1/2 ton. The topic was really 3/4 ton and 1 ton to start with.
Murf
If you want to really blow the wad, get a Volvo 770 or a Freight Shaker.
If you want to just bust my chops enjoy.

05-09-2006, 10:41 Post: 129144
DRankin

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

"Toyota is just fine if you are going to compare 1/2 ton to 1/2 ton."

That's all I was looking for.

05-09-2006, 11:38 Post: 129145
wingwiper

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

DR

Then what I was saying was not aimed at you. The subject was about Diesels to begin with and those are usually 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Murf had made a blanket statement and I had made a reference to it and then he brought up the other thread and will probably be posting pics of his wife's cars.
For every purpose and useage there is a vehicle designed for it.
DR
If you are happy and it is performing as you like, then there is no one in the world that can tell you different.
I was trying to address several concerns in each post. KW was looking for something small to use biodiesel in and I was trying to give General info to address everyone. My mistake and Murf? well, another story in itself.
Dennis
Note I was being civil and the digs came from up North with "Sorry for the delay in answering, I had to get my rubber boots on and they were over at the farm" and "Is this the same 1/2 ton gasser you mentioned in the now famous "trailer" thread? The one that needs a WDH with 500 # of tongue weight?" and "Is this the same guy who calls the competition "cardboard hauler" and then goes on to say "Take a good close look at the F-150 sales for this year." and "Let's stay on topic and out of the sales brochures, we were talking about diesel powered heavy duty pickups." and "As for silly statements like "Now I have heard nothing but Problems with Ford's 6.0L diesel and rumor has it, it may be discontinued." Rumours?? What about facts, of course it will be discontinued! Why would you continue to buy a Navistar when your own factories in Europe build a far superior engine??" So hey talk about staying on topic.
Yes! Murf I was referring to trade mags, customer experiences and write ups. the Ford 6.0L is a piece of crap and I just got done talking to another Ford owner who is looking at a Dodge, he has no hopes for the dual turbo that is coming out and wants out of his, his words "piece of crap 6.0L" his truck has 125,000 miles on it and that is where most diesels are just breaking in, he has a pile of repair stubs and is unhappy. But for Murf, I will keep looking and see if I can find one that agrees with him and his logic.
Murf you should spend less time on line and more time talking to your employees, maybe you could learn something.
Other than Murf Theory.

"

05-09-2006, 12:18 Post: 129146
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

Wing, you sound like a ploitician here, you post long drawn out statement s that say nothing, just useless double talk hiding a lot of errors and wrong statements.

"Diesel is NOT going to give you any fuel savings." and "Your logic for buying a diesel is good. That is more than enough reason to seek a diesel. MPG is not there any more..." Are you trying to say that 2 similar-sized trucks, with similar HP, and both pulling identical heavy loads, but 1 gas and 1 diesel, will get the SAME MPG???

This is funny.

"When I brought up about the F-150 sales, I was giving reply to you OPEN statement." I never said anything about gas 1/2 tons, I was talking about heavy duty diesel trucks.

"Good for your wife's vehicles.. enjoy them." Didn't even read the words correctly did you, the only vehicle in my wife's name is the Rover.

"I towed a lot more than I was speced to towed with my 1500." and "The topic was really 3/4 ton and 1 ton to start with." in the same paragraph?

BTW, the problems with the 6.0 were solved, just like the early Dodges that you couldn't keep tranny's, brakes, front coils, or rear leaf springs in.

There's no busting chops here, no slanging, no personal attacks, "...will probably be posting pics of his wife's cars.", and "Murf you should spend less time on line and more time talking to your employees, maybe you could learn something. Other than Murf Theory.".

I do speak to my employees, and I take what they have to say very seriously, and often impliment ideas or solutions they have.

My time online should be of no concern to you, if my businesses are succesful enough that I have the time to be online what is that to you? I'm not sitting around bored stupid killing time waiting for a customer, and even if I was it still be none of your concern.

For the last time park the attitude and self-serving salesmans ramblings, not to mention the personal attacks.

Have a lovely day all......

05-09-2006, 13:20 Post: 129149
DRankin

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

If we are going to start ragging about who spends too much time on-line we will need some sort of standard to apply:

5-09-06, 11:15 AM PDT.......

Posters of The Week fron the TP Home page,

1 wingwiper (36)
2 Art White (23)
3 earthwrks (19)
4 kwschumm (17)
5 Murf (16)
6 DRankin (15)
7 SG8NUC (14)
8 horse_farmer (14)
9 Chief (14)
10 kthompson (13)

05-09-2006, 14:19 Post: 129154
wingwiper

Filter by User
 Dodge territory

Murf

"For the last time park the attitude and self-serving salesmans ramblings, not to mention the personal attacks."
Excuse me, you started this whole thing and your insults are plenty.
Salesman ramblings? Laughing out loud, whatever. you are such a child. Grow up Murf. Get a life and just grow up. Find someone else to dish your crap out to. You don't impress me at all.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | [ 3 ] | 4 |      << Prev | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Dodge Pickup Trucks Forum

Thread 86574 Filter by Poster:
AV8R 1 | Chief 1 | DRankin 4 | kwschumm 5 | lamarbur 2 | moparmudder 1 | Murf 5 | Peters 1 | wingwiper 14 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
DennisCTB

Subaru - 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek vs CRV and RAV4 Review
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek vs CRV and RAV4 Review

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ What Kind of Fuel Milage Are You Getting From Your
+ 5 7 hemi gas mileage
+ Dodge Duramax
+ replacement tires
+ Differential Lockers and Limitied Slip Units
+ Anyone have leaky dodge cummins
+ 3 73 vs 4 10
+ What exactly is a HEMI
+ synthetic oil