discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Current Events Forum

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | [ 4 ] | 5 | 6 | 7 |      << Prev | Next >>

02-09-2004, 02:54 Post: 76402
Wildman1

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Another story the media Will Not cover

Yep, Lawman, the politicians, the vast majority being Dems, don't give one hoot about anything other than their own re-election and powerbase. And they have changed their tune since 1998..180 degrees. Everyone assumed there were WMD's in Iraq then and supported Clinton's attack. Going back further, when Clinton was cerified, on the record, in front of the world, to be a sociopathic liar, he still got the unwavering support from the patriotic Dems. How about draft dodging..not a problem. Womanizing..jeez, give the guy a break. He can still be a great leader, even while having flaws in his character. Selling secrets to the Chinese? Travelgate? Whitewater? No big deal.

Contrast all of that with what's going on now with Bush. THAT's really changing their tune!

What the patriotic Libs are doing by Bush bashing and bad mouthing the war is simply giving aide and comfort to the enemy. That's treason, plain & simple.

You can't build a house without a sound foundation. You can't lead without a strong & decent character. Clinton proved that in spades.

I remember the House banking scandel very well. And what stands out in that mess was that 9 out of 10 guilty participants were Dems. What's that say about the basic moral fabric of a party as a whole? Sez alot.

And, Lawman, guns are evil. 73,231 kids under 4 are accidentally shot in New York alone every year...and most of them were killed by assault rifles. Also, 35,647 people die of secondary smoke every year. Man..isn't science wonderful that they can separate those who just croak from all those other pollutants from the secondary smoke victims?? I'm awestruck! And how about this well documented fact..2 million slaves were thrown overboard whilst being shipped from Afica to America. So many in fact that the sharks are still swimming the route even today. I'm not being facetious. If the patriotic libs can blow stats outta their collective b..ts then so can I.

Man..this is wearing me out.

Yes, Richard, this is fun. Keep digging. I gotta go clean my guns before going to bed. Nite.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 02-09-2004, 03:01 Post: 76403
Wildman1

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Mark, before I retire, could you send me a copy of "Mark's codes". 38-A sounded good. And I bet you don't know what dbfeoo stands for. One of Earl Chamberlain's descriptive codes.

02-09-2004, 11:00 Post: 76428
F350Lawman

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

"Yes, Richard, this is fun. Keep digging. I gotta go clean my guns before going to bed."

The newest gun law is in the Governor's proposed budget. He thinks he can squeeze another couple of million out of the public by raising registration fees. They will make it $100 fee to the state and another $5-10 to the county. All handguns will have to be re-registerd every five years. They have tried to lump in a manadatory review of all gun owners as part of this policy so it seems like they are doing something to protect the public. Not only won't it protect the public it will spend MORE than they take in in FEES! If you've gotten in trouble and your guns are going to be lifted you just WON'T show to re-register, DUH! There is a system in place already where L.E. get notified if a gun owner gets convicting of a
serious crime, has severe mental illness, expired gun licenses or dies. I remember going out to get these guns once in awhile. Most of the times the people had a bunch of guns in the attic or basement from their deceased, jailed or estranged relative ath they really din't know about or were interested in. We would tell them the license was expired and they needed to look into it. They would either bring the guns down to the station, arrange to sell them to gun shops or get a license(or renew) and keep them. Sometimes they even sold them to cops who were gun buffs. (at better prices than gun dealers were offering)

If the system doesn't work, fix it' Let's not add another layer of rules, fees and bureacracy. After all if the folks who've lost their license don't show (and they won't) the old system is going to have to get the guns anyway.

As a former LEO I don't have to pay any fees, BUT I will still have to go down and go through the BS next year and every five years after that.

As I covered in another post when I first retired that same computer system returned a record of someone with my name being in a MENTAL HOSPITAL for 8 years during my Junior H.S and H.S. days! Now I am not saying I wasn't crazy then... but come on Smile Smile Yeah right, I went right from the looney bin to the police academy??? You should have seen the fun I had straightening that out! When I finally got some answers it got even better, they said the person wth my name had anorexia. WHAT, nobody gets 8 years of instituitional treatment for that, and guys really almost never have anorexia. Bottom line it was a total computer screw up and they couldn't find the original paper back up that was SUPPOSED to exist.

You know what is going to happen next time I go re-register, yep that's right. Luckily I kept a letter some hospital director sent me stating he had no freakin' idea what the state was talking about and thta thye never heard of me.

Anyway if it goes through all of us handgun owners will have to go do our first registration by early next year, fun, fun, fun. I bring up my story for a reason; I am sure won't be the only one who gets put through a ringer unnecessarily.

02-09-2004, 14:23 Post: 76438
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

The ridiculous gun laws are one reason I refuse to live in New York. Hopefully those extremist totalitarian gun laws will be challenged in the courts and over turned someday. Not holding my breath waiting for it though. ;o)

02-09-2004, 15:37 Post: 76450
F350Lawman

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Chief, I have carried a gun everday for many years and still do. I still really don't consider myself to be the "gun enthusiast" the media alwasy refers to( whatever that means). I'm not a hobby shooter or hunter, I feel more like a carpenter with a hammer Smile I never really think about it, I just consider it par for the course.

You should see the look you get from the VAST majority of NYers when the subject comes up and they find out you carry a gun. It usually goes something like this- WHY??? or "but you're retired WHY would your carry a gun", "DO you think that's safe?", "what are you going to do". Most people have no idea but those few times it comes up the reactions are priceless.

I went to the Dr. twice over the space of 2 years and the Physicians assistant BOTH times gave me twenty questions when I she needed to listen to my chest and I informed her I was a retired cop and had a firearm. The second time I just said "I told you this last time, did you forget" If it's SO shocking to see aholsterd gun, would't she remember me? Do people think bad guys go to the Doctors with pancake holsterd guns attached to their belt loops. I have been going for years, my kids have been there, they have all my info. and insurance, I'm a retired cop and now because I STILL have a licensed gun I'm Charles Manson???

Telling these people you have leprosy and giving them a nice wet kiss on the cheek would get nicer reactions Smile Smile

Of course I couldn't care less what they think. I don't wish bad things upon them, but a few car jackings or muggings might be poetic justice.

02-09-2004, 15:56 Post: 76451
wbowhunt

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

You think NY Laws are Bad, Stop in NJ. When I was stationed in Mass I did Law enforcement on the seas. Mostly Boarding vessels in search of illegal substances.. I was young and looked even younger ( like I was 14, I was Told ) as I boarded a vessel with a 45 on my hip. I was qual'ed to carry a 45 / M-16 and a Shotgun for law enforcement purposes. When I went home to NJ to visit family and freinds I stopped at K-mart to purchase some BB's. I was denied as I did not have a Firearms ID Card. Later I went to the Local Police office to apply. Weeks later after a complete background investigation and finger printing I was give an ID, But only for Rifle and of Course BB's. I had no intention of going through the hoops to try and get a pistol permit in a state I didn't spend much time in anymore.
Someday ( I can only hope )the public and politicains will come to the reality that guns do not hurt or kill people. People do. Hold those acocuntable for their actions and leave us with common sense alone.

02-09-2004, 16:14 Post: 76453
yooperpete

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Michigan passed a law several years ago allowing CCW permits (carry & concealed weapon permits)after taking a class and passing a background check. Most people after finding out that I carry, asked me "why". I always say "why not". If the law allows me to drive 70mph, I do. If they allow me to carry a pistol, I do.

Wouldn't you feel bad, if you had the opportunity to carry and didn't. What if something happen that could have been prevented, particularly to a family member.

If you don't like the laws in NY, sell your property and move to Michigan and bring your guns.

I switch around with my pistols to keep familiar with all of them. I'm partial to my nickel plated S&W model 27- 357Mag. with 8 3/8" barrel (It is kinda bulky for concealed carry but fits nice in my briefcase) but I usually carry my Sig model 229 -S&W.40 with built in Lasermax sight.

I'm not a threat to anyone except bad people.

I think all of us are fed up with the system. Neither political party is going to solve our problems since there are to many do gooders out that don't have a clue on what is really going on. It is a sorry world that we live in and is going to be much worse. The world is being run by evil people.

02-09-2004, 16:28 Post: 76454
shortmagnum

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

In no other country is power spread throughout the populace as it is in the US. We have the collective power to vote representatives in as well as out of government to fit our needs. We also have significant personal power in that we are the most well armed populace in the world. Each armed person has the ultimate power to take another's life. I and everyone I know who owns a gun takes this potential power very seriously. But why is an armed populace necessary? It is not that we need an armed citizenry to fight a potential corrupt government. It is the fact that this power is spread throughout the people that has kept our government from evolving into corruption in the first place.

02-09-2004, 17:08 Post: 76457
yooperpete

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

The real deterrent is not shooting the gun but the fact of having it. That has kept us a free society. Free from invasion from other countries and bad politians. The bad guys have the guns, knives, etc. and the honest people get the license. I agree that many with a CCW are not up to the task but nobody in Michigan that has a CCW has killed or hurt anybody that I'm aware of. It would have been posted everywhere for sure if it had. It takes composure to no use it. It has unquestionably deterred crime. There are allot of fruitcakes driving cars, trucks and whatever that do kill and injure people.

In my past post I mentioned that New Yorkers should move to Michigan. Please don't bring Hillary!

02-09-2004, 17:33 Post: 76458
wbowhunt

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Speaking of Loony's driving cars. How many people are killed every day by a car? Shouldn't we be outlawing the right to drive as it kills more people everyday then guns?
Oh wait they are starting look at outlawing SUV's aren't they?

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | [ 4 ] | 5 | 6 | 7 |      << Prev | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Current Events Forum

Thread 76169 Filter by Poster:
Abbeywoods 1 | AC5ZO 1 | Arkaybee 1 | Chief 7 | F350Lawman 15 | HuckMeat 1 | kubotaguy 5 | kwschumm 3 | lamarbur 3 | loghouse95 1 | shortmagnum 3 | StephenR 1 | TomG 2 | wbowhunt 4 | Wildman1 12 | yooperpete 3 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
Coachlarry

John Deere Gator - 1200A Secondary Cap Screw
1200A Secondary Cap Screw

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ guns for self defense
+ Problem Poster
+ women AHHHHH
+ America The Greatest Country on Earth
+ Neighbor easement problem
+ Weddings
+ Tuff Cop
+ My job just went offshore
+ Dealing PROPERLY with a terrorist O