discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Current Events Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 02-06-2004, 16:05 Post: 76169
F350Lawman

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Another story the media Will Not cover

"ZAPOPAN, Mexico - The Mexican crowd hooted "The Star-Spangled Banner." It booed U.S. goals. It chanted "Osama! Osama! Osama!" as U.S. players left the field with a 2-0 victory.

And that was in a game against Canada on Thursday before just 1,500 people.'

Are these the same friendly, hard working, industrious, religous,honest,etc, etc people the media describes as "undocumented workers" (illegals)who are currently invading our country???

I bet they bury this one on page 45, if they even run it. My local paper runs a weekly ad....err, I mean article about the benefits of illegal immigration.

I have seen many televised incidents of athletes fighting and going after jeering fans, I always thought there was no acceptable reason for it. I was wrong, I would gladly shake the hand of anyone who did so under these circumstances.

When will people realize that there are very few people coming to this country to BECOME Americans. They don't respect, care for or wish to adopt the ideals political system, or values that this country stands (stood) for. The trend these days is to come, take what you can get, live in a community much like the one you left. Not much assimilation going on any more. This goes not just for Mexico but for MOST of the other countries that are shipping their flotsam and jetsam to America.

Link:   Mexicans chant Osama, Osama at U.S. Soccer Team 

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 02-06-2004, 17:29 Post: 76179
kubotaguy

Filter by User

I believe I vote for the Robin Williams plan:

Robin Williams Plan for the US

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan:

1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega, Milosovich and the rest of those 'good ole boys.' We will never "interfere" again.

2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.

3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.

4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5. No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds,rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'"

02-06-2004, 17:54 Post: 76181
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I get a little tired of hearing about how the illegals do jobs that nobody else wants. The truth is they do jobs that nobody else wants at the wages the employers are paying. You can't tell me that picking cotton is a worse job than, say, roofing, but we don't seem to have a problem finding legal roofers. The difference? Roofers make a heck of a lot more money than cotton pickers. Without illegals in the country unskilled laborers would be paid more money.

02-06-2004, 18:04 Post: 76183
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Mining the border between Mexico and the U.S. and making it a free fire zone would stop ALL illegal traffic coming in to include drugs along that area. At least via land travel. Requiring a certified birth certificate to obtain a social security number would stop the phoney SSN scam. Applying the same seizure laws as used in drug enforcement would make employers think about 14 times before hiring anyone they are not sure of. Obtaining a court ruling that children born by illegal immigrants are not entitled to U.S. citizenship would clear up quite a bit of issues as well. Just for openers. ;o) This should aught to develop into an "interesting thread" ;o) Laughing out loud!!!!

02-06-2004, 18:29 Post: 76186
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Considering the link to CBC News below I guess not everybody shares the dominant view here.

Link:   Illegal worker amnesty 

02-06-2004, 18:45 Post: 76191
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

GWB's proposed "temporary worker program" is simply dumb. If an illegal alien enrolls in the program he or she will face being tossed out of the country in three years if they don't renew or the political winds change. If they don't enroll they won't be tossed out. What kind of an incentive is that?

02-06-2004, 22:58 Post: 76205
loghouse95

If any of you guys want to run for public office you definitly have my vote and I bet a lot more people feel the same way.....Richard you might just be the right man for the job Laughing out loud

02-06-2004, 23:49 Post: 76207
F350Lawman

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Yeah, plenty of people are fed up. Unfortunately most have been so beaten over the head by the media and political correctness they will never publicly voice such opinions. The end result is that the loud, obnoxious far left rules the day. When everyone hears the same message over and over, they start to shy even further away from their own ideals. It's not that the extremists ARE the MAJORITY it's just that they making it appear that way. It's gone so far it may be irreversible.It's like the frog in the pot of water. If the waters too to to he jumps out, but if you turn the heat up slow he just stays there and slowly boils. In the same way, peope are accepting things as "normal" that they would have cringed at a few years ago. The didn't even realize that thye lost their values, morals and abiltiy to reason. It happeed slowly, incrementally but it surely happened.

I have nad many letters published in the local papers and people call my house and email me in agreement.....but see if they will chip in with their own letter with THEIR name and town at the bottom. No way, the end result is the more vocal wackos write in at a 2 to 1 clip and appear to be the majority.

Special interests like the pro illegals crowd and other fringe groups are vocal, organized and determined and their winning.

School systems, the courts, the news media, the entertainment industry and even some religous organizations are all WAY out of sink with the average Americans values, yet they control much of what we see and do. They don't have to control a majority in D.C. or the Presidency, they control key instituitions and it's like a snowball rolling downhill. You just know it's going to get faster and bigger all the time.

Sometimes when I watch TV and people discuss politics or society I feel like that lady on the Twilight Zone (maybe the Outter Limits?) The one where the Dr. removes the womens facial bandages and everyone in the room recoils in horror because she is hideous. Then you see her and she is a striking blond but ALL the other people who thought SHE was ugly have pig faces. Smile Smile

Oh dang, now I'm depressed ;(

02-07-2004, 01:53 Post: 76210
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

But Scott, I know you must feel a little bit better now. ;o) I feel your frustration, agree with your outrage, and applaud your expression!!!! The virtual beer keg is tapped and beers all round!!!!!! ;o) Amen brother!!!!!

02-07-2004, 02:10 Post: 76211
F350Lawman

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Thanks,

Yeah if I didn't laugh about the current state of affairs I'd cry. They say things go in cycles, I hope THEY are right!

Hey Chief, I thought I was the only fool staring at the computer until the wee hours...thanks for the company Smile

Good night

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Current Events Forum

Thread 76169 Filter by Poster:
Abbeywoods 1 | AC5ZO 1 | Arkaybee 1 | Chief 7 | F350Lawman 15 | HuckMeat 1 | kubotaguy 5 | kwschumm 3 | lamarbur 3 | loghouse95 1 | shortmagnum 3 | StephenR 1 | TomG 2 | wbowhunt 4 | Wildman1 12 | yooperpete 3 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
candoarms

Landscape Maintenance - Elm Tree Removal Minot North Dakota
Elm Tree Removal Minot North Dakota

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ guns for self defense
+ Problem Poster
+ women AHHHHH
+ America The Greatest Country on Earth
+ Neighbor easement problem
+ Weddings
+ Tuff Cop
+ My job just went offshore
+ Dealing PROPERLY with a terrorist O