discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Trailers Forum

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [ 6 ] | 7 |      << Prev | Next >>

04-19-2006, 07:51 Post: 127976
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

Thank you Wing.

I think there's a typo. in the goat-truck sales paperwork somewhere. I believe the trailer is supposed to be level AFTER loading, not before. With a anything north of 500 pounds way back there on the hitch of any 1/2 ton pick-me-up truck, the bumper will need caster wheels under it, it will be so squatted down it will nearly drag on bumps.

In most cases with a 1/2 ton, using the ball mount that results in a level LOADED trailer, will cause the tongue to sit high enough when unladen to result in a smoother ride.

A little careful experimentation might be in order.

Best of luck.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 04-19-2006, 07:53 Post: 127978
shortmagnum

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

"The thing works great when I have a little load on it, but when I pull it around empty, it jars my truck quite a bit."

Wiper, that quote is from Cornrow's initial post. What part of "empty" trailer don't you understand?
Dave

04-19-2006, 09:11 Post: 127986
wingwiper

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

Some of you flock together like Flies on fresh laid manure.
Murf, I really have no clue who you are trying to impress. Level before empty and 500 pounds would not cuz a 1/2 ton to squat. You must drive a Ford or a Chevy or use a Bumper mounted hitch, mine is mounted to the frame. I hauled a 22 foot boat loaded and full tanks up and down mountains and out to Lake Champlain, with my DODGE 1500, long box, Reg Cab 318 C.I. for almost 10 years. NEVER had a problem, rode like a dream. Had about 600 pounds on the tongue with WDH. Didn't replace any brake shoes or pads or springs either. I had Monore Air shocks in the rear with about 70 psi. Easy loader dual axle trailer.

SHORT,

I have no clue what you typed or meant, What I posted is what I have been saying from post one. The info in the initial post implied, that at least the guy was dealing with a GTWR of 10k and what I have been typing has NOT changed one bit. Remember at 500 pound tongue weight you should use a WDH and if you load the trailer proper, it will be close to level when loaded. Do you all need diagrams as well? Laughing out loud
At least Corn was able to take the good intel from all this and do what he felt was right even if some of you acted like children, at best.

04-19-2006, 09:53 Post: 127991
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

Wing, I have no desire nor goal of impressing anyone.

"...on fresh laid manure." Interesting analogy considering we're replying to YOUR posts.

As for tow vehicles, all you have to do is click on my pictures, #'s 19 & 20 show the SMALLEST of my tow rigs.

BTW, boats are designed light, it's kind of a requirement for floating, and average 22' runabout weighs about 3,500 pounds, if it was a cuddy it might weigh 5,000 pounds, in either case the majority of weight, the engine and fuel tanks, are at the very rear, which is why the tongue is so relatively long on a boat trailer, in an effort to balance it up.

I repeat my earlier statement, if you need a WDH with a ~500 pound tongue weight you don't have enough truck out front. I used to tow my boat between Toronto and Florida twice a year, and did for years. There's a few hills along that route too, from tip of propeller to tip of hitch was about 45' and it weighed about 10,000 pounds including the tri-axle trailer it sat on. No WDH was ever required.

Best of luck.

04-19-2006, 10:42 Post: 127999
wingwiper

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

Murf

Consider this the last response to you. I expected the answer I got from you as I would have expected it from a 13 year old. You are right on, didn't miss a beat.
My 22 foot boat had two cabins, a V-8 and the 50 Gallon fuel tank was in the middle. Designed Light you say in order to float, is that what you are implying. Here we go. It is all about displacement, AMTRACS are far from light as well as many of the Assault Vehicles and they float fine. Better tell the Military to start redesigning, Murf doesn't agree with them.. Rolling on the floor laughingMAO
My boat loaded was just under 6000 pounds.
Murf you don't need to do a thing, I could care less if your dropped dead from a Heart attack in the next ten minutes. If you choose NOT to use a WDH that is fine with me. I posted what the Porper thing was to do and if you feel compromise is good, then you post away.
Good Day. You have a fan club here, so enjoy yourself and you must have some life if you need to post pictures of your stuff for everyone else to see. I think I am not interested though. It is more the QUality of the Life and not the Quanity.
Your mentality is below any standard of my liking "I think there's a typo. in the goat-truck sales paperwork somewhere" GOAT-TRUCK????? come on Murf, is that the BEST you can do? Never did like Frogs, now I know why....
Good Day.

04-19-2006, 11:51 Post: 128003
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

Wing, is your first name Ray by chance?

13 year old? Followed by racial slurs, and personal attacks? You're kidding right?

Again, you read what you wanted to see, NOT what I said.

I said "boats" are designed light, but that would be like reading "empty trailer" now wouldn't it? I know very well what a AMTRAC or AV weigh, or even an LCAC for that matter, I had two shiny silver bars on my uniforms collar....... I learned all about that stuff.

BTW, 'Frog' is a term used to refer to the French people by some, at least get your racial slurs right, I'm an Anglophone. While we're at it, please keep your slurs to yourself also, we try to keep this is a family-rated forum.

As for the term "goat-truck" it is becoming a very common slang term for Dodge's trucks, in fact I first heard it in Florida where I used to have a house, and spent my winter's every year. It comes from the animal on the hood ornament, you know, like the Mack bulldog?

Best of luck.

04-19-2006, 15:50 Post: 128022
SG8NUC

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

Anglophone - You got me on that one, I did not know what I was. Also we all live in a Anglosphere. NOW I KNOW THE WHOLE STORY.

An anglophone is someone who speaks English natively or by adoption. As an adjective, it means English-speaking, whether referring to individuals, groups or places.

In a narrower sense, the notion of "Anglophone" reaches beyond the mere dictionary definition of "English-language speaker". The term specifically refers to people whose cultural background is primarily associated with English language, regardless of ethnic and geographical differences. The Anglophone culture beyond the "mother country" is the legacy of the British colonial empire and its arradiation.

In Canada, and especially in Quebec, this term is widely used to designate someone whose everyday language is English, contrasted to francophone (someone whose everyday language is French) and allophones (those who use any other language).

The term can also refer to major English-speaking nations such as the United Kingdom, Ireland, the United States, Canada, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. These countries are sometimes known as the Anglosphere.

04-19-2006, 18:56 Post: 128029
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

MURF: Are you really sure about: "which is why the tongue is so relatively long on a boat trailer, in an effort to balance it up."?

The tongue length in and of itself has little to do with balance--unless it is intentionally weighted. Rather, the placement of the center of axle(s) determines balance, or more accurately, proper weight distribution if 60/40 is the target. The length is more likely a function towability (longer tongue easier to back), loadability and one-size-fits-all so that the boat safely clears the tow vehicle, especially when turning.

04-19-2006, 20:51 Post: 128033
SG8NUC

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

It also is to remove the boat from the trailor with out having to back the towing veichle into the water.

04-19-2006, 21:17 Post: 128036
Peters

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Bouncy Trailer

The position of the wheels on a boat trailer depends on the weight distribution of the boat. Most modern trailers you move the axel to adjust the weight distribution. As many boats have the engines in the rear the wheels are back on the trailer. Something like a Ski Nautique with the engine the center have the wheels on the trailer closer to the center.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [ 6 ] | 7 |      << Prev | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Trailers Forum

Thread 127708 Filter by Poster:
Art White 1 | CORNROW 4 | DRankin 5 | earthwrks 6 | harvey 1 | ksmmoto 1 | Murf 14 | PAR 1 | Peters 5 | SG8NUC 5 | shortmagnum 2 | wingwiper 21 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
DennisCTB

Current Events - House Fire Near Me
House Fire Near Me

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Trailer comes off at 75mph
+ Can Jeep Cherokee Pull My Tractor
+ Used Trailers
+ U-Haul Auto Transport Trailer for CUT
+ Bouncy Trailer
+ Question on axles
+ Auto trailer hoist combo idea Nuts
+ Adding hydraulics to dump trailer
+ Truck VS Trailer