discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Current Events Forum

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [ 5 ] |      << Prev

09-28-2007, 08:32 Post: 146195
candoarms

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

In the very near future, any person who attempts to purchase a firearm will have to answer the following questions.....

Have you ever been treated for depression?

Have you ever visited with a psychiatrist, or a marriage councilor?

Have you ever taken Prozac, or Ritalin?

Have you ever considered suicide?

Have you ever killed an animal? (Deer hunting counts)

Do you suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Are you a combat veteran?

Have you ever killed another human being, for any reason, including self-defense?

Are you an Alzheimer patient? (Don't answer with, "I don't remember."Wink yeah right

Have you ever gone through a divorce?

Have you ever lost a child or a spouse?

Have you ever had a pet get run over and killed?

Have any of your children ever run away from home?

Have you ever been fired from a job?

Have you ever filed for bankruptcy?

Have you ever lost a home due to flood, fire, or other natural disaster?

I could add at least a hundred other such questions to this list.

All of these things cause some form of mental stress on a person.......and all of these things can result in some form of temporary mental depression.

In any or all of the cases above, a person could now be found incompetent to own firearms.

Our elected idiots aren't as dumb as we might think. They tried to ban firearms for years, without success. They've now figured out that it is much easier to ban gun owners, than to ban guns.

Joel

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 09-28-2007, 10:43 Post: 146201
mobilus

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

[Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. ]

Even though the Ninth Amendment reads "shall not", this IS exactly what is happening. Not only the rights not enumerated, but inalienable rights as well.

[We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. --Declaration of Independence]

Our votes do not always provide the needed change in our government...especially when the masses are only interested in someone else protecting them, when they take no responsibility for their actions, and when normative social mores continue to sink in a dismal swamp of political correctness. But we must do what we can, vote, make our elected officials aware of our intent to hold them accountable for misrepresentation, and to pray that we make it another day as a Nation. But I guarantee you that other great nations have fallen due to the apathy of their people, and we may as well (God forbid) unless we wake up from this materialistic values-based Disneyland that we are becoming, or have become.

I love this Nation. I love her people. I continue to serve her military daily. I vowed to freely give my life for her every time I enlisted for 20 years. I see a small portion of her sons and daughters doing the same today...and they're seriously underappreciated for their commitment. Our freedom is a serious issue. If you've watched the movie V for Vendetta, you've seen a work of fiction that could easily become reality. Every time we do not stand up to greater restrictions of our personal liberty, we inch ever closer to the totalitarian society depicted in the movie and seen in Nazi Germany and Maoist China.

Okay, that's my rant for today.

Y'all have a blessed day as American free men and women.

09-28-2007, 11:26 Post: 146203
candoarms

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

Mobilus,

The most underutilized tool in this nation, in defense of our liberties, is the jury.

I've studied our jury system for years. It is a very powerful tool, but more importantly, it is a peaceful means of carrying out a political revolution.

No firearms are needed to preserve our freedoms. No people have to be killed in defense of our natural rights. Civil Wars can be completely avoided.....thanks, in part, to our Founders.

William Penn was arrested and put on trial for violating the Conventicle Act.....a law which prohibited the exercise or practice of any religion other than that approved by the King.

Penn's jurors knew the difference between man's law and God's law. They knew full well that Penn had never harmed any person.......Penn had only insulted the King, indirectly, at that.

Any group of politicians can pass any law they please. They can pass good laws, or bad laws. At any rate, the bills they pass become law, and consequences are dished out to any person who fails to obey them.

This is where the jury comes into play.

The jury's job is to sort out the good laws from the bad ones. Any bad law is supposed to be NULLIFIED by the jury. A single "NO" vote is enough to undo the wrongs done by the lawmakers..........but the American people don't seem to know anything about this immense power they possess, nor do they seem to want to learn anything about it.

The power to preserve our freedoms is already in our hands. We don't need any other tools, nor do we need to get violent about the loss of our freedoms. Preserving our freedoms is as simple as voting "NOT GUILTY, YOUR HONOR".

The Citizens Rule Book is available on the net, free of charge. I encourage every American to read it.

Enjoy the reading. Remain free!

Joel

Link:   The Citizens Rule Book -- Jury Handbook 

09-28-2007, 11:59 Post: 146211
mobilus

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

Joel,

I definitely hope that my last post did not sound as if I condone any violent overthrow of an elected government. The change I propose is a change brought about by the action of responsible voting by our citizens. To do so would mean that we must be willing to become more informed and be willing to hold our elected officials responsible by denying them further terms in office. Our career politicians, which I believe was never meant by our Founding Fathers to be the case, are farther afield the longer they are in office...and that is a terrible fact.

Regrettably, much legislation is from the courts nowadays, as a precedent set in higher courts as de facto law.

Mark

09-28-2007, 12:23 Post: 146213
candoarms

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

Mark,

Sorry for the confusion, Sir.

I hadn't yet read your letter before posting my last one. My letter was not in response to anything you wrote. It was written as an afterthought to a previous letter I posted.

I agree with you, in that we need to remove many of our elected officials from office, but the question remains as to what to do about the laws they passed while "serving" us.

The answer is two-fold. Remove the elected criminals, and then take action, as jurors, to undo the harmful laws they brought down upon us.

It's a war with many fronts. There is no single thing we can do to rid ourselves of these people and their evil laws.

On top of the many valuable points you brought up......We have to stop sitting in the Jury box, acting as if we're only there to decide the issue of guilt or innocence. Determining the merit of the law, itself, should be our first priority, as jurors.

We have to stop convicting people of owning illegal firearms when they used those firearms in defense of their own lives, or in defense of their neighbors.

If the firearm was put to proper use, I don't care if the weapon used had been BANNED by the federal government. If the weapon had been discharged in self-defense, then no crime was committed. Therefore......."NOT GUILTY!"

This is how we defend our Freedoms and Liberties.

Voting out the rascals is just one step....but it doesn't address the issue of undoing the harmful laws they passed while in office. We need to attack on both fronts.

Joel

10-02-2007, 11:52 Post: 146426
mobilus

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

News story about Australia's Prime Minister John Howard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. 'If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you', he said on National Television

'I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option', Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should 'clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off', he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia .' 'However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.' 'This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like 'A Fair Go', then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

America Needs Leadership Like This!

10-02-2007, 12:18 Post: 146433
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

I think before you get too far into the Australian Cheerleading Squad you better do a little research on the Australian Governments idea of gun control.

Their gun control laws have virtually banned private possession of firearms including pump-action shotguns and all semiautomatic firearms (even .22 rimfire caliber firearms) and provides for the government to pay people to turn in such firearms for destruction, in other words, the law says you MUST 'sell' your guns to the government for what THEY SAY THEY ARE WORTH which is nearly zip since they are illegal.

The laws provide for a person to possess a non-military semiautomatic long gun, or pump action shotgun, for professional use ONLY if the authorities can be convinced that the person has a "genuine need.". A "genuine reason" (to the government) is required for a person to have a lesser firearm.

Protection of life is NOT to a valid reason for having a firearm, neither is sport hunting or target shooting.

Best of luck.

10-02-2007, 14:58 Post: 146457
mobilus

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

No, I didn't know that.

I do not propose that the Aussies have anything better than we do. The stand that immigrants assimilate the values of the nation they're moving to is what I was pointing out. This is by far not the opinion of the whole of Australia...just the opinion of their leader.

We have hashed this out a lot, and we all know that economics drives the willingness to communicate in foreign languages, so the point is probably moot. The fact that one man in that position actually made a stand that wasn't PC is probably the only real story here. But it's a nice one.

10-09-2007, 14:14 Post: 146691
randywatson

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 anti 2nd amendment

Just another thought, in both Austrailia and Brittan after gun confiscation violent crime rates sky rocketed, go figure.

Less guns = more crime, more guns = less crime.

criminals and tyrants prefer unarmed victims.

will the uninformed ever learn?

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [ 5 ] |      << Prev

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Current Events Forum

Thread 144348 Filter by Poster:
AnnBrush 1 | Billy 2 | candoarms 16 | harvey 3 | kthompson 3 | kwschumm 1 | mobilus 16 | Murf 2 | randywatson 2 | SG8NUC 2 | yooperpete 1 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
adamhberkey

Barns Pole Barns - Pole Barn Building Materials List and Plans
Pole Barn Building Materials List and Plans

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ guns for self defense
+ Problem Poster
+ women AHHHHH
+ America The Greatest Country on Earth
+ Neighbor easement problem
+ Weddings
+ Tuff Cop
+ My job just went offshore
+ Dealing PROPERLY with a terrorist O