discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Plumbing Forum

Page 1 | [ 2 ] | 3 | 4 |      << Prev | Next >>

04-17-2006, 19:26 Post: 127880
Peters

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

I have not seen a bush hog, but a lot of paddles. They have a lot of CUT with high hours and no distance.
2.5 Gallon would be plenty if you have enough well head. I used a spring in KY and had 1500 gallon cistern. It was just a trickle probably less than 3/4. The people that had six kids we bought the house from.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 04-17-2006, 22:06 Post: 127895
brokenarrow

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

Harvey
Funny!!! Here is how it went. Get up there late Thur. night. Run out in the woods and retrieve a game camera, (Prioritys right?) Get back and install the new pressure system. Have a small leak but fix that right away with one more turn of the coupler. Everything worked fine except that the pressure stopped increasing at about 30 psi. Thats when I realized what what going on. YES My spouyse was starting to re-pack. Laughing out loud. What about showers"""???? She say's? I figured out real fast how long it took for enough water to get into the drilled well (6" casing" again before the pump would suck it into the system. I tells her, " OK Take that shower but , "get wet, turn it off, soap up and then turn back on and rinse it off!" Laughing out loud LIVID???? YOU ASK??? YES! All five of us took showers that way but it was 11pm when we finished!
Here is the best part (and some one once said that women should rule the world) On Friday afternoon the girls all wanted to take a hike down the trails. I did not think about it at all, told them GO AHEAD! Laughing out loud) (BTW, My son and I had the 4 wheelers totally covered with mud just from running out and picking up that camera the night before! LMAO) ONE would think that as soon as they see water acrossed one of the trails that they would change their mind and come back! NOPE!!!! By the time they got a mile into the walk they were already covered with mud and wet to their knees. By walking the edges of the trail to get around some of the water, they would get scratched up by the black berry and rasberry patches that run the whole way along the edge of the trail! Needless to say that when they returned, My wife and my (know it all) 15 year old girl were choking each other! (My other girl is cool, she came back and said, OH WELL<(I told them? Laughing out loud)
Then came the mud and how do we get this off with next to no water??? All the bitching and moaning about the problem that I can not fix! (I am not god ya know?) It did not help when I told them to go out ot the pond and rinse off before getting in my shower! ROTFLMAO!!! Honest!!! Fuel to a fire? You bet!
NO we did not go to a hotel and also they lived thru the whole thing. Aslo my son got his first turkey.
Here are a couple pictures
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/Plots1/4-16-2006-70.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/Plots1/4-16-2006-79.jpg

05-06-2006, 22:53 Post: 129001
brokenarrow

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

Peters
2.5 gallons was what I had and it was enough. I would bet you I dont have even 1/3 gallon per min. now though.
Here is what I was told by the well drillers. (tell me if this makes sense since I was too embarresed to ask the exact process.
He told me, " About the only thing we can do is drill deeper, we can come out and get on it in about a month or so". I asked him if the pitless adapter would need to be scraped along with the 38 foot of casing? "Nope" he said, told me that if he remembers right, he was into the bed rock at about 38 foot, said that it took them 6 hours to go anouther 6 foot (had all kinds of probelems I guess) He said that they just go right thru the existing casing and drill deeper till they hit anouther section of good water? No more casing is required???????
1. Is this because they are in bedrock?
2. Once a driller gets into solid stone, do they STOP putting down casing?
This is what I dont understand. I done search after search and can only find bits and peices of how its done?

05-06-2006, 23:48 Post: 129008
SG8NUC

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

BA

When they put my flowing well down they drilled until they hit limestone or I guess bed rock at 640'. They told me that the casing was set at that depth. They then continued drilling for another 40'. It was eaiser for the water to flow up, than to continue on through the rock. The rock was the casing for the last 40'. He said that if you pulled a chunk of the rock up it would look like a sponge. There was no under ground river (Colloquil term)like I had heard from my youth just a rock bed.
So maybe they will drill on past your casing and as the water flows into the new hole you will pump it in the house or as needed. Hope this helped

05-07-2006, 05:47 Post: 129014
harvey

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

Hopefully I am only slightly confused here.

They drilled 38 feet with casing. Hit bed rock and only drilled 6 more feet.

Did they get thru the bedrock? If not you only have a surface water well, which is not a bad thing if there is a good aquifur (SP).

Typically you only need casing down to bedrock drill thru BR and there is usually a river, so to speak, they do 10 -15 more feet to create a pool and you are all set.

05-07-2006, 08:24 Post: 129020
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

Dennis, did I read that right that you have to replace well pumps every 18 months? If you are doing this; I would suggest installing a "Pump Tec". I have one one both of my wells and they have paid for themselves many times over in the year they have been installed.

The pump for the house is a low producing well and runs dry during the summer. We tied in a 2nd well to the water system and installed the Pump Tec on both wells which will shut the well pump down if it runs dry of water for preset waiting period. They cost about $114 each. Takes about 20 minutes to install between the pressure switch and pump.

Link:   Pump Tec 

05-07-2006, 12:12 Post: 129030
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

Brokenarrow, in my state it is illegal to redrill a well that has already been cased. In some cases wells that have accumulated silt and build up over many years can be blown out with high pressure compressed air if there is no well house built around the well casing. If you can drill the well deeper without risking hitting sulfur water, that is a possibility if allowed. Have you considered this possibility? Not sure what the cost of this would be as opposed to redrilling or drilling a 2nd well. You may be able to configure a similar setup yourself.

Link:   Well Manager 

05-29-2006, 20:42 Post: 130004
sloancon

Well Water Problems

sounds like you paid for a drilled well. If they only went six foot in the rock and set casing and you have a static water level. The casing isnt sitting down all the way on the rock and its acting like a bored well thus the problems when the water table falls. Seen builders raise the casing up off the rock to make well look better than is.

06-02-2006, 22:28 Post: 130334
brokenarrow

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

Update
On info and progress
I just got a call from a guy who says he is in my area with his drill rig and was contacted by my well driller and was told to get over by me and get er done. I am under the impresion that my driller is swamped with work (since he has not made it out by me yet and when I last talked to him he told me he was backed up pretty far.
Anyway that what I figure anyways. So this guy talks to me and sound ok. Said he was told by Wilmarth that they had drilled 38 foot down and hit rock, laid the pipe on top of that and drilled 6 more feet to a depth of 44 foot where they broke thru? What ever that means I have no idea but the new guy seems to think there will be no problem. Said we will get in there and go a bit deeper Laughing out loud
Said he would get me the water I should have! What I like was that it sounded like he was actually concerned that I DO NOT HAVE WATER! Laughing out loud I will let ya all know next week how she goes!
Any one wanna guess what my cost will be start to finish? That would include dropping the pump and dissenfecting again? (I will be honest with ya all Laughing out loud)

My guess = $1200. (I HOPE Laughing out loud)

06-04-2006, 04:47 Post: 130393
harvey

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Well Water Problems

U-R WAAAAAAAY OPTIMISTIC!

ME thinks double your number.

But that did answer a question. If the BR was only 6' and the driller broke thru and there was/is no water...

Hopefully they will not have to go deep and run casing thru the BR and down.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | [ 2 ] | 3 | 4 |      << Prev | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Plumbing Forum

Thread 127835 Filter by Poster:
AV8R 1 | Blueman 1 | brokenarrow 10 | Chief 2 | DennisCTB 2 | harvey 7 | kthompson 1 | Murf 1 | Peters 2 | SG8NUC 3 | sloancon 1 | WillieH 2 | wingwiper 4 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
DennisCTB

Current Events - Winter Storm
Winter Storm

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Septic Tank Pumping -- Do you need to
+ Septic System-Problem
+ Water softeners
+ Pex vs Copper replace Copper Pin holes
+ Well Water Problems
+ D I Y septic system
+ Sink overflows
+ Drain field and vegetable garden
+ Jacuzzi Tubs Bacteria Sanitize and Septics